Day 134 | How’d they get a picture of my heart?

Woah. This is too close to home.


Eminem for Feminist of the Year 2014! Best Rapper of All Time!

EXTRA! EXTRA! Eminem says he’ll “punch Lana Del Rey” in freestyle

So when I saw all these headlines reading, “Eminem rhymes that he wants to punch Lana Del Rey in the face” I was like, 😮 I gotta see what this is all about. Let me see for myself!

(Eminem freestyle starts at 11:54)

This is what I have to say about his freestyle. The whole time I watched and listened I thought GOT DAMN this guy could rap for days – rhymes on rhymes, bars on bars. The man is a pure word genius. But I won’t lie. As a self-proclaimed feminist, I cringe when I hear lyrics of domestic violence, violence against women, or really any kind of violence ‘cause I’m a big ol’ softy.

NOOO dont hit me

But here’s what you have to realize about Eminem. Throughout his entire rap career, he has consistently expressed himself via controversial lyrics. He’s never shied away from topics regarding murder, homophobia or misogynist-stained content. That is who he is. No, it is not fair to ask the general public to simply accept him for who he is, flaws and all.  Do I wish he would use his awesomeful-amazeballs rap skills and legendary fame for good? YES! I would LOVE that. Like damn! This man is a rap god AND he’s sensitive to the world’s social, economical, and political atmosphere?! If that were so I would claim him, wear all of his paraphernalia ANY and EVERYWHERE without shame (which reminds me I need to do that for John Legend – God, love that man for claiming himself a feminist and equal rights enthusiast). But alas, I cannot rep him like that. Not all “celebrities” can serve as role models. I know people argue that we should hold them to a higher standard and at some level I do agree. However, some celebs genuinely don’t intend to be a role model, from the very beginning –case in point, Eminem. I digress! You are asking WAY too much from Em, for politically correct, empowering and egalitarian lyrics. You’re just not being realistic.

I do wonder sometimes though. I know in interviews he has said that he views himself as father first and a rapper second. But I’m most curious to hear what his daughters think of his lyrics. Do they realize that they are overwhelmingly angsty and violent toward women? If so do they agree? Or do they all just understand that he does it to boost his career as a provocative rap artist? Hmm… I wonder. I really do. In any case, before you get all riled up about his offensive lyrics, remember who you’re fuming at. He hasn’t changed since he entered the scene. He’ll always be the real Slim Shady, the angry-womanizing-explicitly-vulgar rapper that will shred you to pieces in seconds with his quick and unmatched “word crimes”.

With that I shall end with this positive image:

no violence know peace

G’on Lily Allen! Celebrities We Can Relate To

Lily Allen

Lily Allen Opened Up About Her Stillbirth In A Heartfelt Interview

^^This buzzfeed article on Lily Allen is LIKETOTALLYAWESOME! Why?

Sometimes it’s hard to find the words to say
I’ll go ahead and say them anyway
Forget your balls and grow a pair of t*ts
Hard Out Here Lyrics

1. It’s freaking Lily Allen!

2. She uses her platform to discuss serious womanhood life events without being all,  “Woe is me!”

3. She highlights the double standard that mothers experience, hinting at the fact that — Yes. This still happens in the 21st century.

4. Response to the haters: “I do what I do for the people that do like me, not to prove a point to the people who don’t.” ATTENTION! Let us all take note from this woman with brilliant insight.

5. Her accent.

I know it’s not Wednesday, but this is a serious woman crush!!

in love


Hello There!

D here! 😀 I have decided to finally join the budding world of blogging. I figured I needed an outlet and so here I am. Yay! First blog post EVER! My supposed plan for this blog is to be  90% humor/fun and the other 10% opinion/advice/rant/miscellaneous pictures/whathaveyou. I’m SO new at this. This makes me nervous. I like it! 🙂

So to start off, I shall share some CT Fall 2014 Season pictures. Who doesn’t like pictures?!

The crazy part is that these photos don’t do the nature justice.

I love the sky, here. What would I do without my Canon digicam?

I love the sky, here. What would I do without my Canon digicam?

"The Hills are Alive! With the Sound of Music!"

“The Hills are Alive! With the Sound of Music!”

I really do forget how beautiful Connecticut is sometimes.

I really do forget how beautiful Connecticut is sometimes.

Foliage <3

Foliage ❤

This pic makes me want to hold hands and frolic! :)

This pic makes me want to hold hands and frolic! 🙂


This view though! "I'm the king of the world!"

This view though! “I’m the king of the world!”