I saw a recent HBO documentary and had to reflect on it. It’s called the Newburgh Sting.
Now I’ve never been one to advocate or even listen to anti-government sentiments, but I tell ya this documentary will get a rise out of you. And if it doesn’t … well it should! It should make you angry. That’s our money people!!
It’s a story about the ultimate entrapment organized by none other than government agency, Federal Bureau of Investigation a.k.a the FBI.
Essentially, the documentary tells the tale of how four middle-aged black males were arrested and convicted on crimes of homegrown terrorism. In 2008, mass media reported that they were all Muslim men who met in prison and planned attacks against a mosque and US cargo planes. But somehow all was saved! The FBI had an informant in the group that helped thwart the fatal terrorist plots.
For me, this was one of the saddest documentaries that I have ever seen. Not boohoo-sobsob-streaming tears sad, but deflating sad. Like I said, I have never believed in U.S. conspiracy theories. I never want to think badly on our government – that there’s a gross misuse of power and money in our freedom country. But this documentary shows otherwise. It’s similar to the feeling I had when I found out Santa wasn’t real. 😦 All the footage, can’t be denied. I can’t help myself. There are just so many things that frustrate me about it.
Oh hello, List of Frustrations:
– They weren’t all Muslim.
– They didn’t meet in prison.
– None of the four men were the criminal mastermind.
– The FBI Informant did ALL of the planning. He promised a 6 figure pay day, chose the targets, and supplied the weapons.
– The FBI Informant had an extremely sketchy background before becoming employed by the government.
– Surprise! Secret Sting! So secret ALL of the police and news were there at the scene to document this momentous event.
– The terrorist attacks weren’t done in the name of Allah, but in the name of CASHMONEY.
– It’s good to know that the justice system spent $$$$ to drive to an empty field, rig real bombs and blow up a car to demonstrate the damage that COULD have been done as evidence. Even though the four men were provided with tampered and ineffective bombs/missiles.
– The power of mass media. Continued play on the story that four Muslim men devised an elaborate terrorist plot during their incarceration. The Trickle Down – from the head of FBI, NY Mayor, NY Commissioner… so it must be true.
– None of this would have ever happened, if Cromitie had never met the FBI Informant.
Did these men ultimately agree to join in on this plot? Yes.
Would plans have ever gotten as far as they did if not funded by the U.S. government? No.
I still want to believe in my government, that they serve to protect the American people.But by golly, I can’t say that I’m completely untouched by this documentary.